Saturday, March 08, 2008

7 Deadly Boring Things

Rosie has tagged me to tell you 7 random facts about myself. By strange coincidence I did this very thing exactly one year ago today (at least it was today when I started writing this, and it's true that there were only 6 things not 7, but that's inflation for you). A year ago, I had to resort to making things up in order to appear less than boring. This year, I've spent sleepless nights trying to think of seven more riveting factoids about myself and I'm afraid that this is all I can come up with. I think I've mentioned several of these fascinating tidbits already:

1. I have developed several strange patches of eczema over the past few week : one on my tummy, one under my left ear and, since yesterday, one on my right eyelid. I wonder what this means.

2. When I was a teenager I was besotted with Phil Lynnot of Thin Lizzy. If he wasn't dead, I think I might still be.

3. I voted in the municipal elections this morning - one of only two European voters at my polling station.
4. I think that offal is awful but I'm quite partial to a bit of foie gras.

5. I'm scared of most dogs (is it just me, or does anyone else think of Winston Smith's fear of rats when they reveal that sort of information in the internet?)

6. I'd quite like to look like Annie Lennox (in yer dreams, hen).

7. I've seen a ton of films over the past couple of weeks (mainly due to two transatlantic flights). They were: La Môme, Borat, Michael Clayton, Ira and Abby, Elizabeth: the Golden Age, and Le Scaphandre et le Papillon among others. The only one I would really recommend is the last, which is almost unbearably sad, perhaps even sadder than the original, autobiographical, book.

I'm tagging no-one because I think most of you have probably already done this, or something similar recently.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

I seem to recall Phil Lynnot was a little unusual at the time for being at once Irish, illegitimate and black. I haven't checked your link so I may be completely wrong about this.
Sorry to hear about the eczema...

Rosie said...

I hope I didnt bring on your eczema with ill advised tag pressure. It could be a new cyber illness. I dont particularly want to look like Annie, but I wouldnt mind singing like her on one of her good days!

Anonymous said...

Random facts are always interesting ...
more, more, more!!

Anonymous said...

By the looks of it you have Annie Lennox's eye, up there. That's a good start. So I reckon you're much closer than you'll admit to yourself.

I think I need to take some transatlantic flights. There are too many good films I haven't seen recently.

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...