Sunday, July 10, 2005

Unconscious Mutterings

This is a free association memey thing which "is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings". Give it a go yourself, the words change every week.

  1. Do-it-yourself:: hammers, nails, Ian Dury
  2. Pickpocket:: Walking through a flea market in Paris putting my hand in the pocket of my overcoat (which incidentally I'd bought in an Amsterdam flea market the year before) and finding that someone else's hand was already in there
  3. Ballet:: tutu
  4. Resumé:: American job applications
  5. Phenom:: Place in Thailand? beaches, danger,
  6. Love/Hate:: tattoes that burly men in England sometimes have on their fingers
  7. Unusual:: The way a friend described my taste in shoes
  8. Intense:: A person I know who always takes things very very seriously and gives thoughtful answers to my flippant questions. Slightly irritating
  9. Interruption:: coitus interruptus also known as "getting off at Haymarket" in Edinburgh
  10. Not enough:: Food.


Category:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will be an excellent exercise for your students next year because it is 'fun' and so good for adding to vocab if they then exchange with each other
(and here I am thinking that I never want to teach again)
With your permission I shall use it for a student who has asked me for a few hours conversation.

Just for the record I went and had a closer look at the column Place de la Victoire and rather liked the tortoise

Confinement

Being confined indoors most of the day, just the four of us, is reminding me of the days when my children were wee and most of our weekends ...